Hubpay Limited, is a company incorporated under the laws of the ADGM. We are regulated by the FSRA (registration number 00004051) and licensed for Providing Money Services under category 3c of the ADGM Financial Services and Markets Regulations. Our registered office and contact address is at Office 15-123, WeWork Hub71, Al Khatem Tower, ADGM Square, Al Maryah Island, Abu Dhabi, UAE.
Your account is an electronic money account which enables you to send and receive electronic payments using a smart mobile phone.
- send money to your contacts and friends and family
- make payments
- manage your account through the app
- you must be 21 years or over to open an account with us
- you must be validly resident in the UAE
- you must have a UAE registered mobile number beginning +971
- you can only open one account with us
- you must not use the account for business purposes
- you must not let another person or business use your account
- you must not use the account to facilitate any activity which is illegal or may be deemed illegal
- you must transfer money to your Hubpay account only from your own bank account
- you must not sell, transfer, or assign your Hubpay Account (including any associated wallet Balance) to any third party
- you will provide us with accurate, current, complete, and true information and any documentation required under these terms
- you will keep your information up to date
- you will provide evidence of your identity and any additional information or evidence we may require confirming your identity, and information on transactions recipients. By law, we are required to undertake due diligence checks on you and those you transact with, including and not limited to the transaction recipient
- you will comply with all applicable laws, regulations or ordinances, and orders of governmental authorities, including privacy laws and anti-money laundering laws
- you authorise and agree to our verification of any information and/or documentation provided from sources we consider appropriate
- From time to time we may ask you to confirm the information we hold and / or provide additional information and documents to help us manage your account.
You can contact us through the help button in the app using your mobile phone or using email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our website address is www.hubpay.ae
Our communications with you will be through social media, the in-app chat, SMS, email, and by phone where appropriate. We will inform you when there are updates to Hubpay Terms and Conditions and where else we feel appropriate. If you do not check your email and or other methods of communications which we use to contact you, you will miss communication about your transactions and our Services. We cannot be liable for any consequence or loss if you do not check your methods of communication.
- You can download the Hubpay app for free on Android devices from the Google Play Store. You can download the Hubpay app for free on Apple devices using the iOS App Store.
- To open your Account, follow the on-screen instructions in the Hubpay app and upload the information requested when signing up.
- Each time there is a payment in or out of your account you will receive notification to your mobile phone. All historic transactions will be visible in the app.
You can add money to your Account by a bank transfer from your own bank account (in AED). The account details to add money are on the app. Adding funds will be subject to the payment limits outlined in this document. This means you can fund your wallet with a single payment of up to AED 10,000, up to a maximum amount of AED 35,000 in a calendar month. Once you have transferred funds, we will reconcile the transfer and will update your account balance. Although your funds will be visible in your Account, you will only be able to use them to transact once Hubpay has received them by bank transfer. We will advise you of when your funds have been applied to your account by push notification to your mobile phone.
You can send money from your account as often as you wish. To make a payment you will need to sign into your Hubpay account. Limits will apply to the amount you can send in a single transaction.
- The maximum amount you can send in a single payment must not exceed AED 10,000. If a transaction exceeds this single transaction limit it will be declined.
- The maximum amount you can send in any calendar month is AED 35,000. If your transaction totals exceed this in any given calendar month, the transaction which breaches this limit will be declined along with any subsequent transactions until the next calendar month.
- For any payment, you will need to provide us with the amount you wish to send, the full name, SWIFT / BIC and IBAN details of the recipient. We will also need information that allows us to identify the recipient and undertake checks on the information you have provided. These may cause delays in processing the payment. It is your responsibility to make sure the payment details are correct and complete. Incorrect details might delay your payment. Money sent to a wrong account could be lost. Hubpay does not accept any liability for incorrect details resulting in delayed or lost payments.
- Your payment instruction may not be revoked after it has been received by us.
- Hubpay aims to make sure payments arrive at their destination as quickly as possible.
- Payments made before 2pm will be executed the same business day.
- Payments made after 2pm will be executed the following business day.
- Payments made on a day which is not a business day will be deemed to have been received on the following business day
- We are not responsible for any delays by the receiving party bank in crediting the recipient’s account.
- The amount that you have sent
- The amount the recipient will receive
- A specific transaction reference number
- The date of the payment and the date the money is accessible by you
- The charges payable for the transaction
- The exchange rate that we will apply to your Transaction
- In the instance you have chosen cash collection as the method of delivery, we will provide the location of where the recipient will be able to collect their funds and the documentation the recipient will need to provide at the agent collection point.
- An estimation of time it will take for the funds to be made available to the Recipient.
- The date and time of the transaction
In the instance where you provide us with incorrect details, we will make reasonable efforts to assist you in getting your money back. We may charge you for our efforts in the recovery. If we are unable to recover the money, and if you request us, we will provide you with the relevant information in order for you to reclaim payment of the money. You will not be able to claim a refund from us when you give us incorrect instructions or we can show that the bank we sent your payment to has received funds, or you failed to keep your account security details safe, or you acted fraudulently. You must notify us without undue delay if you have made an incorrect or misdirected payment. You can contact us email@example.com your Transaction reference number and query.
If an incorrect payment is made on your account as a result of our error, we shall refund the payment and any related fees. Where a payment is delayed, we will request the bank receiving the payment to value date the payment no later than the date that would have applied had it being made correctly.
If any payment is paid into your account in error, you authorise us to debit your account by the amount of the payment.
We will refund amounts directly to the account which you have registered with us and funded your wallet from. We will refund amounts on a first-in-first-out basis, meaning that any residual balance from your oldest wallet funding transaction will be repaid first.
You will not be charged by Hubpay for refunds to your bank account.
If any fraudulent or unauthorised payment is made from your account, we shall refund the amount unless the exceptions below apply. Where we are liable for unauthorised payments arising from loss or theft, we may require you to pay up to $50 of any such loss
Refunds shall not apply, and we will not be liable for any losses in respect of unauthorised payments:
- if you have acted fraudulently, or
- with intent or gross negligence, you compromised your account security details or failed to adhere to the security obligations in this Agreement
- if you fail to notify us without undue delay, of the loss or misuse of your password or other security protections that could compromise the security of your account, or
- if you fail to notify us without undue delay that an unauthorised transaction was made or security on your account was compromised or your security details stolen
- if you fail to dispute the transaction within 12 months of the date of the transaction.
We reserve the right to refuse to make a payment, stop a payment, or delay a payment if:
- we believe that processing your instruction would breach these terms or you have not provided the accurate and complete information we need to make the payment properly;
- we suspect your account and/or the payment is exposed to unauthorised or fraudulent use or your security has been breached or compromised
- the amount is in excess of any transaction limit that applies to your account
- legal or regulatory requirements prevent us from making the payment or mean that we need to carry out further checks
- a bankruptcy order is made against you or you have entered into an individual voluntary arrangement with your creditors;
- we are prevented from making the payment due to any Force Majeure Event
- a third party prevents us from making the payment
- we have asked you for important information we reasonably need, and you have not given us that
- we have suspended your account
- you are in breach of these terms
We will contact you through the Hubpay app in the event of a refused, stopped, or delayed payment (and seek to resolve the position, unless prevented by law or regulations). We will contact you by email or use a secure method of communication as we see appropriate.
You may close your account and terminate the Agreement at any time through the app or by contacting customer support. You can elect to withdraw any balance on your Hubpay account to your identified bank account, or we will send any money from your Hubpay account to your bank account automatically. We will not charge you if you decide to close your account.
We may, at any time, close, terminate or suspend your account or stop you using the app immediately if:
- we have reason to believe that you are acting fraudulently;
- you have not given us the information we need, or we have good reason to believe that information you have provided is incorrect or false;
- you have failed to successfully pass our customer KYC due diligence and sanction checks;
- You have provided us with false evidence of your identity, or you keep failing in providing us with true, accurate, current, and complete evidence of your identity or details regarding transactions
- if you have broken these terms and conditions in a serious or persistent way, and you have not put the matter right within a reasonable time of us asking you to;
- you have broken or attempted to break, any law or regulation which is applicable to your account
- we have reason to believe you are engaged in fraudulent or criminal activity, money laundering or terrorism financing
- we have reason to believe that you tampered with or interfered with the security of our app, website or
- If we believe your account is exposed to unauthorised use, or fraud or your security has been breached or compromised
- if we have good reason to believe that you continuing to use your account could damage our reputation or goodwill or cause us to be in breach of any applicable law or regulation
- you have been declared bankrupt;
- we are obliged to do so under any law, regulation, court order
- you are in breach of this Agreement
If your account is suspended, we will use reasonable endeavours to notify you as soon as reasonably possible (unless we are prevented by applicable law or regulations), but we reserve the right not to do so.
Our fees and charges will be clearly set out at the point of making a transaction in the Hubpay app. Where we execute a transaction at your request, Hubpay will charge a fee which will be made up of either, or both, a foreign exchange margin and transaction fee. You will be able to see the applicable exchange rate in the Hubpay app. This exchange rate will be confirmed on screen when you transact.
We reserve the right to make changes to our rate of exchange at any time without providing notice; We reserve the right to change the FX Spread when the markets are closed (weekends, public holidays) to prevent losses arising from currency market changes.
Hubpay is not liable for the following charges which may be incurred:
- If your bank charges you for sending money to your Hubpay wallet.
- If the recipient’s bank charges them for receiving money to their account.
- if your bank charges you for inward remittance to your bank account
If your account is suspended, we will use reasonable endeavours to notify you as soon as reasonably possible (unless we are prevented by applicable law or regulations), but we reserve the right not to do so.
As a regulated financial institution, we require information from you to open and maintain your account and to meet our legal and regulatory requirements. By entering into the Agreement, you are giving us permission to process and retain your personal information for the purpose of providing payment services to you. This does not affect any rights and obligations you or we have under data protection legislation.
Any changes to the information you give us should be updated on the app to keep it accurate and current. From time to time we may ask you to confirm the information we hold about you or provide updated verification documents
We aim to provide the best service to you as our customer and learn about your experience with Hubpay. If you have a complaint or any feedback about your experience using Hubpay, you can reach us through the Hubpay app or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will do our best to respond back to you and resolve any complaints as quickly as possible, and in any event within 15 business days from the date your complaint was properly filed with us. Details of our complaint resolution procedures are available on our website and documented in this Agreement.
You are responsible for the security of your personal details. You must take all necessary precautions to prevent any unauthorised access to your account. You must keep your account safe at all times by:
- not sharing your security details (e.g. login codes, passwords) with anyone
- changing your password regularly
- use a passcode that is different from any other accounts
- adhere to the authentication process
- keep your mobile device and your email secure
- close the app on your device when not in use
You must notify us immediately of the loss, theft or unauthorised use of your password or other security protections that could compromise the security of your account, and notify us when you become aware that an unauthorised transaction was made or security on your account was compromised or your security details stolen. You can contact us by emailing email@example.com
Hubpay will never ask you to provide your password. If we find security issues on your account, we will contact you (see above on how we will do this). You should always download software updates on your mobile device and any updates to our App via the App Store and/or Google Play
We endeavour to ensure our Services are always available and interruptions do not occur. However, we cannot guarantee that this may happen on occasions, and we will not be liable to you if this occurs.
Our Intellectual Property rights include, but are not limited to, our app and website and their design, our logo, and graphics. You must not:
- alter, sell, publish, or reproduce any part of our app or website, or any of its contents;
- try to gain unauthorised access to our app or website, or any server, computer, or database connected to our website;
- reverse engineer any of our services
- link any part of our website to any other website, or frame any part of our website on any other website;
- engage in any data mining, data extracting, or any similar activity, in relation to our app or website;
- upload any illegal or defamatory content to our website, or introduce viruses, or any other harmful code.
Our website may include links to websites we do not operate or control. These links are for your convenience and for information only. We do not endorse these linked websites and have no responsibility for the content on them and when you access these links you do so at your own risk.
From time to time we may require to change these terms. Changes to our terms may be made to:
- improve our services or the introduction of new services
- changes in technology
- changes in our legal and regulatory requirements.
- changes in how we run our business
We shall give prior notice of any changes to these terms on the app or our website. Proposed changes will be notified no later than two months before the date on which they are to take effect. Continued use of your account or access to our website after the date on which the changes come into effect will be deemed acceptance of the changes. If you do not wish to accept the changes, you can notify us, and we will close your account without charge Changes to exchange rates may be applied without notice.
- We are not responsible for unforeseeable losses or events outside of our control
- We are not liable for any loss or damage caused by a computer virus or other technological attacks that may infect your device.
- We are not responsible for the content or use of third-party websites that are linked to our website.
- Where it is unlawful to do so, we do not exclude or limit our liability to you, e.g. liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or for our fraud or gross negligence
- We provide our website to you “as is” and you use it at your own risk. As such, we are not responsible to you or any third party for any loss or damage arising from your use of our website, your breach of this Agreement or any of its terms or any other applicable terms and conditions, or the negligence, acts or omissions of us, our employees, agents or sub-contractors.
- We will not be responsible to you for loss of profits, loss of operations, loss of data, loss of contracts, loss of anticipated savings or benefits, loss of market shares, loss of goodwill or increased costs or expenses arising from your use of the Hubpay app or website or any third party services provided through our website, including the unavailability of such services.
- We shall not be responsible for any failure or delay in performance of any obligations under the Agreement arising from or attributable to acts, events, omissions or accidents beyond our reasonable control, including, without limitation, where our failure to perform our obligations arise from:
- an act of God, fire, flood, earthquake, windstorm or other natural disaster, explosion or accidental damage, war, threat of or preparation for war, armed conflict, imposition of sanctions, embargo, export controls, breaking off of diplomatic relations or similar actions, terrorist attack, civil war, civil commotion or riots, pandemic or epidemic, industrial disputes, shortages of raw materials or components, general disruptions to transportation, telecommunication systems, power supply or other utilities;
- the acts, decrees, legislation, regulations, or restrictions imposed by any government or state;
- the actions or omissions of any third parties;
- malfunctions in communications facilities which cannot reasonably be considered to be under our control and that may affect the accuracy or timeliness of messages you send to us;
- any losses or delays in transmission of messages arising out of the use of any internet access service provider or caused by any browser or other software which is not under our control; or
- any Malicious Code interfering with the Service
From time to time we may launch reward schemes. Details are available on our app and website.
- Account means the electronic money account you operate through our Application in accordance with this Agreement
- ADGM means the Abu Dhabi Global Market, an international financial centre established in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates by Federal Decree No. 15 of 2013 Concerning Establishing a Financial Free Zone in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi;
- ADGM Data Protection means the data protection regulations of 2015
- ADGM Law means the laws, regulations, and rules of the ADGM and the FSRA in force from time to time;
- Appliaction app means the Hubpay mobile phone application to provide the Services and the related information.
- Balance means any amounts held in your Account with us
- Business Day means a day when banks are open for business in the UAE
- FSRA means the Financial Service Regulatory Authority of the ADGM
- Fees means the charges payable to us for the Services
- FX Spread is where you pay for a transaction in one currency and it is paid out in another currency, we apply an FX spread
- Force Majeure means any circumstance beyond the reasonable control of Hubpay impacting its ability to perform its obligations under the Agreement
- Personal Information has the meaning given in the ADGM Data Protection Regulations 2015
- Recipient or Receiver means the person who receives (or intends to receive) the money through the Services,
- Sender means the person who initiates the carrying out of a money transfer through the Service
- Services means all products, services, content, features, technologies, or functions offered by us and all related websites, applications (including the App), and services (including the Website).
- Website or Hubpay Website means the website available at www.hubpay.ae
- “We”, “us”, or “our” means Hubpay
- “You”, or “your” means you, the natural person in whose name the Hubpay Account is opened and maintained
- This Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws, regulations, and rules applicable in the ADGM. Any dispute between you and us in connection with your Account and/or this Agreement may be brought exclusively in the courts of the ADGM.
- The English language is the applicable language to these terms
- This Agreement is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- You may not transfer, assign any or all of your rights and obligations under this Agreement without our prior written consent. We reserve the right to transfer or assign the benefit of this Agreement or any right under this Agreement at any time without your consent. This does not affect your rights to close your Account.
- Each of the paragraphs of this Agreement operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- If we delay in enforcing our rights against you or in taking action, it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
- This Agreement supersedes and extinguishes all previous agreements between you and us, whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter.